Inventra 7 HF-T QP
Supercharged. When it counts.
5 Joules stronger; powerful Ultra-High Energy (UHE) therapy
- The highest available energy at 42 Joules
- Full protection, providing up to 8 shocks
- Immediate protection right from the start
DFT and Your Patients
Inventra – Supercharged to Manage DFT
- More physicians are considering no DFT testing at implant, based on SIMPLE study.1
- Multiple studies have identified factors that may impact defibrillation efficacy. Cumulatively, these factors could increase defibrillation threshold significantly.
- Up to 8% of patients have a high DFT 2
Risk Factors Decreasing Shock Efficacy
- Non-ischemic cardiomyopathy2
- Medication, e.g., amiodarone 3 or sildenafil4
- Patients with right-sided implantations5
- Large or tall patients with a greater body surface area6
- Younger and active patients 3, 7, 8
- Patients with larger left-ventricular size or mass and very poor left ventricular ejection fraction 7, 8
Extensive Options for Effective Defibrillation
- Various options to maximize DFT safety margins
- Multiple high-energy shocks - Up to 8 shocks per zone with 42 J max delivered energy
- Multiple waveforms - Biphasic (Voltage controlled) - Biphasic 2 (Time controlled)
- Multiple polarities - Normal - Reversed - Alternating – after first shock
- Multiple shock pathways - RV → CAN + SVC - RV → CAN - RV → SVC
- CRT Optimization
- ATP Optimization
- DX System
- Closed Loop Stimulation
- BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring
- Highly Competitive Longevity
BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring®
Closed Loop Stimulation
1 Healey, Jeff S. et al. American Heart Journal, 2012. 164(2).
2 Lin, EF; Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology, 2013. 36(2).
3 Napp A et al. European Heart Journal. 2010. 31.
4 Shinlapawittayatorn K et al. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology. 2006. 17(3).
5 Keyser A et al. Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery. 2013. 8(77).
6 Lubiński A et al. Kardiologia Polska. 2005. 62(4).
7 Al-Ahmad A et al. Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators: An Expert’s Manual, Minneapolis, USA. Cardiotext Publishing; 2010.
8 Russo AM et al. Heart Rhythm Journal. 2005. 2(5).