Amvia Edge DR-T/SR-T
Physiologic choices. Simplified workflows.
The Amvia Edge pacing system gives you choices. Take advantage of a broader range of treatment options, including physiologic pacing and tools to address development of atrial fibrillation (AF).
As the first pacemaker to be approved for a left bundle branch area pacing approach (LBBAP)1, Amvia Edge fosters natural myocardial contraction patterns in your patients. It provides physiologic heart rates with Closed Loop Stimulation (CLS) and aims to maintain sinus rhythm with Atrial ATP (aATP).
At the same time, Amvia Edge automates many routine tasks during implantation, in-office follow-ups, remote monitoring, and MRI workflows. Deliver unique physiologic pacing to your patients, enhance therapy, and free up time in daily workflows – so that more patients may benefit from more personalized care.
Achieve Physiologic Pacing
Amvia Edge is the first pacemaker approved for left bundle branch area pacing (LBBAP).1 Moreover, Amvia Edge's unique Closed Loop Stimulation (CLS) sensor technology follows the autonomic nervous system and adapts automatically2 to mimic the natural intrinsic regulation.3
Manage Atrial Arrhythmias
Amvia Edge aims to help patients maintain physiologic heart rates over time. It combines in-office and remote atrial monitoring capabilities with the arrhythmia management tools of Atrial ATP (aATP) to actively address the development of atrial fibrillation (AF) early on.4
Simplify Care Pathways
Amvia Edge includes a variety of solutions that streamline workflows throughout the patient journey, from implantation and follow-ups to remote monitoring and outstanding MRI access.
Achieve Physiologic Pacing with LBBAP
Amvia Edge is the first pacemaker approved for left bundle branch area pacing (LBBAP).1 In contrast to conventional RV pacing, this approach allows for physiologic ventricular activation,5 which uses the natural efficiency of the heart’s conduction system. Offering physiologic pacing, Amvia Edge is designed to help you reduce the risk of patients developing pacing-induced cardiomyopathy and its severe consequences.
- LBBAP helps you achieve a more natural myocardial contraction pattern.5
- 95% implant success rates6 with the proven Selectra 3D purpose-built implantation tools to support the LBBAP approach.
Follow Patients’ Physiologic Needs with CLS
Amvia Edge’s unique Closed Loop Stimulation (CLS) sensor technology follows the autonomic nervous system and adapts automatically2 to mimic the natural intrinsic regulation.3 This includes detecting emotional stress, physical stress, or physical activity that does not involve movement.This way, Amvia Edge provides physiologic heart rate adaptation beat-to-beat – ensuring your patients are serviced with the right level of stimulation when needed and contributing to improved quality of life.7,8,9
- Closed Loop Stimulation (CLS) is the only fully physiologic rate response on the market.10
- It measures metabolic demand via impedance changes with every heartbeat – and adapts automatically.
- 7% increase in patient performance during daily activities compared to accelerometers.11
- 45% lower atrial tachyarrhythmia burden as compared to DDDR pacing12
- 69% decrease in risk of AT/AF occurrence.13
- 2 of 3 patients prefer CLS over accelerometer-only pacing.14
Manage Atrial Arrhythmias with aATP
Amvia Edge aims to help patients maintain physiologic heart rates over time. It combines in-office and remote atrial monitoring capabilities with the arrhythmia management tools of Atrial ATP (aATP) to actively address the development of atrial fibrillation (AF) early on.4 Help your patients sustain their sinus rhythm, so that you potentially protect them from progression to symptomatic AF and preserve their quality of life.
- aATP provides multiple automatic therapies in response to detected stable atrial arrhythmia, which may reduce atrial burden, thus helping to avoid atrial remodeling and further buildup of AF.15,16
- BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® helps you monitor AF burden remotely and detect AF early.17,4
Next-Generation MRI Access with MRI Guard 24/7
Amvia Edge's MRI Guard 24/7 provides an automatic MRI mode switch for easy MRI examinations without pre- and post-scan programming appointments18,19 – streamlined and automated for both care teams and patients.
- Pre- and post-MRI scan programming can take up to 28 minutes,20 which adds waiting time to the patient, the radiology staff and number of personnel needed.20 MRI Guard 24/7 is intended to save some of this time.
- The sensor can be active for complete follow-up intervals up to one year, allowing for MRI scans at any time during this time frame.
Time-Saving Remote Monitoring with BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring®
Amvia Edge helps you deliver exceptional patient-centric care with less effort. It simplifies your patients’ lives,21,22,4 reduces your workload, and can free up time for all care teams involved.
- 97% transmission success21 – BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring’s® fully automatic device pairing allows for an easy “plug-and-go” setup with less patient interaction23 and less need for technical troubleshooting.
- 83% reduction of in-office visits and 50% reduction of follow-up time per patient – potentially freeing up your time to focus on patients in more critical need of medical attention.22
- BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® demonstrated4,22 potential time and resource savings for care teams and patients alike by safely reducing in-office follow-ups from one to two years. This has also led to the 2021 update of ESC guidelines.
Amvia Edge introduces unique technologies for early remote follow-up before discharge and for quick access to patient data:
EarlyCheck offers early remote follow-up before discharge, supporting efficient workflows and potentially reducing additional waiting time.24
QuickCheck provides fast access to patient data in follow-up situations. Upon clinician’s request in BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring,® data typically becomes available within minutes.25
Outstanding Longevity & Industry-Leading Warranty26,27
Amvia Edge pacemakers offer longevities of more than 15 years.28,29
At the same time, Amvia Edge DR-T/SR-T are backed up by industry-leading warranty programs, offering full warranty of up to 10 years.26,27