Cardiac Monitoring. Made Clearer.
Every year, more and more patients are receiving ICMs – all of which must be actively managed, creating an additional workload for everyone involved. BIOMONITOR III is the ICM that delivers both an easy injection procedure and efficient post-procedure monitoring, and our unique BIOvector design provides clear signals for easier evaluation and a better-informed diagnosis.
With BIOMONITOR IIIm Vital Data Sensor, fever can be monitored remotely and hands-free which enables more effective “at home” care. Provides daily data trending which may be helpful in determining the need for follow-up.
Unique BIOvector Design
The BIOvector provides high signal amplitudes; the fractal coating increases the sensing surface area, and the unique lossless compression algorithm enhances the clarity of the signals.
BIOMONITOR IIIm comes ready to inject, pre-loaded into a single piece injection tool for one-step injection.
- Combines pocket creation and ICM injection into a one-step procedure – taking only seconds to administer.1
- Procedural simplicity makes it ideal for in-office settings.
- The FIT OneStep injection tool provides an ideal pocket to accommodate the device securely and easily.
- The injection procedure allows for several wound closure techniques to be used, including the use of tissue adhesives.
- BIOMONITOR III fits a variety of body types. It has a small footprint – 60% smaller than its predecessor – and a flexible antenna, helping to make it more comfortable and cosmetically preferred for patients.
High Quality Signal. Easy Rhythm Classification.
BIOMONITOR III’s combination of our BIOvector design, the fractal coating on its sensing surface area, and a smart lossless compression algorithm deliver high amplitude signal quality.
- Higher signal quality reduces the impact of noise and artifact, reduces ambiguity in analysis, and improves the efficiency of provider diagnosis.
- Clear P-wave and R-wave visibility supports faster, more confident ECG evaluation.
- Low noise also contributes to ECG clarity, which in turn can lead to easier and quicker rhythm classification.
Intelligent Memory Management ensures that the detection of both overlapping arrhythmia episodes and patient triggered episodes are stored, with corresponding ECGs always available for evaluation.
- Overwriting older, more relevant episodes with newer, less relevant data makes classification more difficult. Intelligent Memory Management minimizes this risk, by retaining the most clinically valid episodes.
- When an AF episode is ongoing during transmission, the monitor transmits both its onset episode and duration.
Automatic Home Monitoring. No Setup Required.
BIOMONITOR III works with BIOTRONIK’s fully automatic Home Monitoring.
- Without complicated set-up procedures, Home Monitoring demonstrates improved patient adherence2, excellent data transmission3, and reduces need for in-office follow-up.4
- Pairing, initialization and data transmission are all automatic, not requiring any active patient involvement.
Industry-Leading Transmission Success Rates
Home Monitoring achieves industry-leading transmission success rates, along with high levels of patient adherence and satisfaction.
- Home Monitoring is powered by the smartphone-sized CardioMessenger Smart mobile unit. It is simple to use, and requires no patient interaction for successful daily data transmissions.
- The unit is battery operated making it easy for patients while travelling, with a battery life of up to 48 hours.
- BIOMONITOR III can transmit up to six ECGs to Home Monitoring each day, increasing physicians’ opportunity to evaluate patient status remotely.
- Daily verification of data transmissions contributes to an industry leading transmission success rate of 95%.3
- Home Monitoring achieves 90%5 patient adherence, 99%2 of patients find it easy to use, and patient satisfaction stands at 98%.2
Enhanced Workflow Optimization
Industry-Leading ICM Longevity
BIOMONITOR IIIm has longevity of 5.5 years. It is also 1.5T and 3.0T full-body MR conditional with no post-injection waiting period limitations. Patient-provider engagement is further enhanced by BIOMONITOR IIIm Patient App which can be used to check device status, record symptoms, and also serve as a digital patient ID card.6
1 BIO|CONCEPT. BIOMONITOR III, data on file.
2 Ricci RP et al. HoMASQ Study. Europace. 2010, 12(5).
3 Piorkowski C et al. PACE. 2019, doi: 10.1111/pace.13728.
4 BioMonitor 2 BioInsight Study. Data on file.
5 Varma N et al. Circulation. 2010, 122(4).
6 Subject to availability by region and as prescribed by a health care professional.