Closed Loop Stimulation
A New Era of Physiological Pacing
At BIOTRONIK, we have pioneered solutions and continue to seek ways to increase therapeutically effective treatments, streamline clinic workflow and improve the quality of life for patients. Closed Loop Stimulation (CLS) is a unique rate-adaptive algorithm that supports optimal patient therapy.
What BIOTRONIK devices are equipped with CLS?
CLS is available throughout most of the BIOTRONIK therapeutic cardiac devices:
- Bradycardia therapy: Pacemakers - SR-T and DR-T
- Tachycardia therapy: Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators (ICDs) - DR-T
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy: CRT-D and CRT-P
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are special leads required for CLS to work? No, CLS's proper functioning does not depend on the type or fixation position of the lead. Every unipolar or bipolar lead with passive or active fixation is compatible, as long as the lead is positioned in the right ventricle.
- Can CLS be used in combination with beta blockers? CLS uses a rolling average of the previous 256 resting curves and therefore can quickly and effectively react to changes in the contraction dynamics. Beta-blockers exert an influence on basic contractility and consequently update the reference curve, delivering optimal rate modulation.
- What about changes in basic contractility (e.g. DCM, infections, AMI)? The reference curve adapts to the changed state in basic contractility and calibrates CLS automatically to suit these circumstances.