Effectiveness and Cost Of ICD Follow-up Schedule With Telecardiology
- Randomized, interventional, multicenter study
- To compare the safety of continuous Home Monitoring versus conventional ambulatory follow-up of ICDs.
- 433 patients at 43 centers in France
Key Result 1
Remote follow-up with BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® is as safe as conventional ambulatory follow-up.
Key Result 2
Continuous monitoring with BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® reduced the rate of patients who experienced inappropriate shocks significantly by 52%. 72% fewer hospitalizations due to inappropriate shocks.
Key Result 3
BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® reduced the number of charged shocks by 76%. Reducing shocks saved 7.9 months of battery longevity.
- The ECOST study shows that BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring of ICDs as a safe alternative to in-office follow-ups. It positively impact on patient outcome , specially when it comes to reducing the risk of inappropriate shocks – a very unpleasant experience.
- The value of BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring for continuous remote monitoring, through its daily transmissions, is essential for clinics to better manage their patients health condition.
|Main Exclusion Criteria #1|
|Main Exclusion Criteria #2|
BIOTRONIK offers an extensive product portfolio in the area of tachycardia therapy.