Conduction System Pacing
Conduction System Pacing
The goal of physiological pacing is to provide a pacing strategy that mimics or provides a full return to normal atrioventricular activation. Conduction system pacing involves directly stimulating the specialized His-Purkinje cardiac conduction system1 and is regarded as the most physiological way of ventricular pacing.2 Different lead positions have been determined to mimic normal ventricular conduction like His-bundle pacing (HBP) and Left bundle Branch Area Pacing (LBBAP).
BIOTRONIK Conduction System Pacing Tools
Stable Shape. More Choices.
BIOTRONIK conduction system pacing (CSP) tools, designed to support physiological pacing procedures, successfully demonstrate a stable shape in longer procedures – a quality that facilitates convenient handling. The tools, developed in close collaboration with renowned clinical experts from around the world to support and progressively advance CSP procedures, offer a variety of choices for today’s implanters to address various patient anatomies.
Stable Shape. For Convenient Handling.
Thanks to their stable shape, as well as convenient and reliable handling, BIOTRONIK conduction system pacing (CSP) tools facilitate implantation procedures and allow for successful lead positioning.
- The conduction system pacing (CSP) catheters - Selectra 3D - maintain their shape, even during longer procedures.
- High kink-resistance and direct torque allow for a stable lead delivery.
- Excellent visibility of the CSP catheter, made possible because of its highly radiopaque polymeric x-ray marker, helps ensure efficient maneuvering.
- Selectra 3D is able to deliver stylet-driven leads. A stylet-driven approach allows for more control and high stability of the distal area.3
More Choices. For Various Patient Anatomies.
The wide range of BIOTRONIK conduction system pacing (CSP) tools provides more choices for achieving physiological pacing in different patient anatomies.
- The choice of nine conduction system pacing (CSP) catheter options (Selectra 3D comes in three curves, three lengths) accommodates various patient anatomies.
- The stylet-driven lead approach allows more flexibility and helps physicians customize implantation approaches.3
Designed with Clinical Experts. Now and Beyond.
From day one, BIOTRONIK conduction system pacing (CSP) tools were designed in close collaboration with renowned clinical experts.
Solia S lead is not yet approved for CSP.
BIOTRONIK CSP tools are not currently approved for conduction system pacing pacing in the United States. Content not intended for U.S. healthcare providers.
1 Arnold A, Whinnett Z, Vijayaraman P, (2020): His-Purkinje Conduction System Pacing: State of the art in 2020. In Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology Review 2020. DOI:10.15420/aer.2020.14
2 Thosani AJ et al., (2017): Rapid reversal of right ventricular pacing-induced cardiomyopathy by His-bundle pacing. In Heart Rhythm Case Rep (3), pp. 189–91. DOI: 10.1016/j.hrcr.2017.01.004.
3 De Pooter J, (2022): My Preferred Approach to Left Bundle Branch Area Pacing: Stylet-Driven Leads. In Heart Rhythm O2. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hroo.2022.12.011