Cardiac Monitoring. Made Clearer.
Every year, more and more patients are receiving ICMs – all of which must be actively managed, creating additional workloads for everyone involved. BIOMONITOR III is the cardiac monitor that delivers easier and more efficient insertion and monitoring, and with its unique long vector, provides the clearest signals for easier evaluation and better informed diagnosis.
Injection Procedure in Less Than One Minute1
No need for unnecessarily complicated delivery tool assemblies. Eradicates time consuming and potentially costly multi-step procedures.
See the One-Step Injection procedure here.
Unique BIOvector Design
The BIOvector provides high signal amplitudes; the fractal coating increases the sensing surfaces, and the unique lossless compression algorithm further enhances the clarity of the signals.
One-Step Injection. Ideal for In-Office.
BIOMONITOR III comes ready to inject, pre-loaded into a single piece injection tool for one-step injection.
- Combines pocket creation and ICM injection into a one-step procedure – taking only seconds to administer.
- Procedural simplicity makes it ideal for in-office settings
- The FIT OneStep injection tool provides a standardized pocket to accommodate the device comfortably and easily.
- The injection procedure allows for several wound closure techniques to be used, including the use of tissue adhesives.
- BIOMONITOR III fits a variety of body types. It has a small can – 60% smaller than its predecessor – and a flexible antenna, helping to make it comfortable and discreet for patients.
High Quality Signal. Easy Rhythm Classification.
Injection Procedure in Less Than One Minute1
BIOMONITOR III’s combination of our BIOvector design, the fractal coating on its sensing surfaces, and a smart lossless compression algorithm deliver high amplitude signal quality.
- The higher the signal quality the less time physicians hampered by low quality ECGs, high levels of noise and other artefacts.
- Clear P-wave and R-wave visibility helps achieve faster, more confident ECG evaluation.
- Low noise also contributes to ECG clarity, which in turn, can lead to easier and quicker rhythm classification.
Intelligent Memory Management ensures that the detection of both overlapping arrhythmia episodes and patient triggered episodes are stored, and the ECGs are available for evaluation.
- Overwriting older relevant episodes make classification more difficult. Intelligent Memory Management prevents this issue, by retaining the most clinically valid episodes.
- Intelligent Memory Management ensures that the detection of both overlapping arrhythmia episodes and patient triggered episodes are stored, and the ECGs are available for evaluation.
- When an AF episode is ongoing during transmission, the monitor transmits both its onset episode and duration.
Automated Home Monitoring. Plug In & Go.
BIOMONITOR III works with BIOTRONIK’s fully automated Home Monitoring. You literally just plug it into the power and it is up and running.
- This eliminates complicated set-up procedures that compromise adherence, limit the receipt of data and can require additional patient contact.
- Pairing, initialization and data transmission are all automatic, not requiring any active patient involvement.
Industry Leading Transmission Success Rates
Home Monitoring achieves industry leading transmission success rates, along with high levels of patient adherence and satisfaction.
- The system works via a smartphone-sized CardioMessengerSmart mobile unit. It is simple to use, being fully automated with no need for any additional patient input or interaction.
- The unit is battery operated making it easy for patients while travelling, with a battery life of 48 hours.
- BIOMONITOR III enables up to six ECGs to be transmitted by Home Monitoring each day, increasing physicians’ opportunity to evaluate patient status remotely.
- Daily verification of data transmissions contributes to an industry leading transmission success rate of 95%2.
- Home Monitoring achieves 90%3 patient adherence, 99%4 of patients find it easy to use, and patient satisfaction stands at 98%4.
- BIOMONITOR III has a longevity of 4 years. It is also 1.5T and 3.0T full-body MR conditional and there is no waiting period after the injection procedure.
- Additional inputs can be provided with BIOTRONIK’s patient app, which has a symptom diary that via direct contact or our Home Monitoring Service Center, keeps patient and physicians fully informed.
1 BIO|CONCEPT.BIOMONITOR III, data on file
2 BIO|MASTER.BioMonitor 2, data on file
3 Varma N et al. TRUST Study, Heart, Lung and Circulation 2009, 18 (s106)
4 Ricci R. P et al HoMASQ study, Europace, 2010, 12 (5)