PRO-Kinetic Energy Explorer
BALLOON-EXPANDABLE COBALT CHROMIUM STENT
Indicated for infrapopliteal arteries. The PRO-Kinetic Energy Explorer stent offers exceptional bending flexibility without compromising scaffolding or fatigue resistance. The advanced double helix design creates a smooth outer contour during bending without ridged transition zones. Every element of the design contributes to the stent’s excellent performance.
- Double helix stent design for excellent flexibility
- Versatile stent material allowing for optimal radial strength characteristics with ultra-thin struts structure
- proBIO coating for improved stent surface biocompatibility1
- Trusted balloon technology ensures first class trackability and pushability
Excellence in Stent Design
- Wedge-shaped transitions at the stent ends allow for consistent scaffolding throughout the entire length of the stent.
- Helical meanders give flexibility to the stent for excellent delivery while leaving a smooth crimped profile.
- Longitudinal connectors provide stability for optimal scaffolding and support without sacrificing flexibility.
Thermal Crimping Technology
Thermal crimping techniques have been developed to ensure secure stent retention forces as well as a smooth, low crossing profile.
Ultra-Thin Struts Design
Struts of only 60 μm2 result in exceptional flexibility and deliverability of the stent in even the most challenging anatomy.
Improved Stent Surface Biocompatibility
proBIO silicon carbide coating acts as a diffusion barrier, sealing the bare metal surface and reducing ion release. In vitro studies have shown up to a 96% reduction of allergenic metal ions3 when the stent surface is coated with silicon carbide.
By providing a barrier against ion release, the silicon carbide coating creates a surface that reduces platelet aggregation while facilitating endothelialization.1
Innovative Stent Delivery System
The stent delivery system is built on trusted balloon technologies and provides excellent deliverability and placement accuracy. The soft tapered balloon tip eases crossing lesions and 1 mm balloon markers enable precise stent placement. Furthermore the Enhanced Force Transmission (EFT) shaft adds pushability and kink resistance.
|Stent material ||Cobalt chromium (L605)|
|Strut thickness ||ø 2.0 - 3.0 mm: 60 μm (0.0024"); ø 3.5 - 4.0 mm: 80 μm (0.0031"); ø 4.5 - 5.0 mm: 120 μm (0.0047")|
|Stent coating ||proBIO (amorphous silicon carbide)|
|Sizes ||ø 2.0 - 5.0 mm; L: 9 - 15 - 20 - 30 - 40 mm|
|Catheter type||Rapid exchange (Rx)|
|Recommended guide wire||0.014"|
|Tip||Soft, tapered, colored|
|Balloon markers||2 swaged markers|
|Shaft||Hydrophilic coating (distal shaft)|
|Usable length||140 cm|
|Nominal pressure (NP)||9 atm|
|Rated burst pressure (RBP)||16 atm (2.0 - 4.0 mm); 14 atm (4.5 - 5.0 mm)|
|Balloon Diameter x Length (mm)|
|Rated Burst Pressure||atm4||16||16||16||16||16||14||14|
1 Rzany A, Schaldach M. 2001. Progress in Biomedical Research 2001 May: 182-194. ² 2.0 - 3.0 mm stents.
2 2.0 mm - 3.0 mm stents
3 BIOTRONIK data on file.
4 1 atm = 1.013 bar