Conduction System Pacing
Conduction System Pacing
The goal of physiological pacing is to provide a pacing strategy that mimics or provides a full return to normal atrioventricular activation. Conduction system pacing involves directly stimulating the specialized His-Purkinje cardiac conduction system1 and is regarded as the most physiological way of ventricular pacing.2 A number of different lead positions have been determined, and of these, His-bundle pacing appears to most closely mimic normal ventricular conduction.
BIOTRONIK Conduction System Pacing Tools
Stable Shape. More Choices.
BIOTRONIK conduction system pacing tools, designed for physiological pacing, successfully demonstrate a stable shape in longer procedures – a quality that facilitates convenient handling. The tools, developed in close collaboration with renowned clinical experts from around the world to support and progressively advance His-bundle pacing procedures, offer a variety of choices for today’s implanters to address various patient anatomies.
Stable Shape. For Convenient Handling.
Thanks to their stable shape, as well as convenient and reliable handling, BIOTRONIK conduction system pacing tools facilitate implantation procedures and allow for successful lead positioning.
- Selectra 3D catheters maintain their stable shape, even during longer procedures.
- High kink-resistance and direct torque allow for a stable lead delivery.
- Excellent visibility of the catheter, made possible because of its highly radiopaque polymeric x-ray marker, helps ensure efficient maneuvering.
- The use of a stylet allows for more control and a high stability of the distal area.acilitate implantation procedures and allow for successful lead positioning.
More Choices. For Various Patient Anatomies.
The wide range of BIOTRONIK conduction system pacing tools provides more choices for achieving physiological pacing in different patient anatomies.
- The choice of six Selectra 3D options (three curves, two lengths) accommodates various patient anatomies.
- The stylet-driven approach of Solia allows more flexibility and helps physicians customize implantation approaches.
Designed with Clinical Experts. Now and Beyond.
From day one, BIOTRONIK conduction system pacing tools were designed in close collaboration with renowned clinical experts.
1 Arnold A, Whinnett Z, Vijayaraman P, (2020): His-Purkinje Conduction System Pacing: State of the art in 2020. In Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology Review 2020. DOI:10.15420/aer.2020.14
2 Thosani AJ et al., (2017): Rapid reversal of right ventricular pacing-induced cardiomyopathy by His-bundle pacing. In Heart Rhythm Case Rep (3), pp. 189–91. DOI: 10.1016/j.hrcr.2017.01.004.