Indicated for atherosclerotic disease of iliac arteries. A stent designed for iliac artery lesions which are often calcified and occluded. Both stent and markers are completely coated with proBIO. Unique “S-articulations” to allow stent conformability. This particular design respects vessel movement without compromising the needed strength.
- Pull-back delivery system for simple stent deployment
- 5.2 F proximal shaft for contrast injection with device in sheath
- Segmented stent design and thick struts for sufficient chronic outward force
- S-articulating connecting bars and peak-to-valley design for multi-directional flexibility
Relieves friction of introducer valve on the retractable shaft during stent deployment for a smoother action.
Segmented Stent Design for Iliac Artery
- Peak-to-valley design and S-articulating connecting bars provide multi-directional flexibility and avoid fish-scaling in tortuous arteries.
- Segmented design and strut thickness designed to provide sufficient chronic outward force.
Four gold markers at each end of the stent enhance visibility.
Pull-Back Delivery System
Enables simple stent deployment.
Avoids accidental stent deployment.
Improved Stent Surface Biocompatibility*
Excellent results with proBIO coated stents. Effective and
reliable barrier to nickel and other metal ion diffusion.
6 F Introducer Compatibility
6 F distal shaft with 5.2 F proximal shaft for contrast injection with device positioned inside the introducer and across lesion.
- Prospective, international, multi-center, investigational device exemption trial evaluating BIOTRONIK Astron nitinol self-expanding stent for iliac arteries, conducted at 30 centers in the US, Canada and Europe.
- Number of patients (n): 161
- Primary endpoint: composite rate of procedure- or stent-related MAEs at 12 months, post-index procedure (30-day mortality, 12-month clinically-driven TLR and index-limb amputation)
|Recommended guide wire
|225 μm (ø 10 mm = 230 μm)
|proBIO (amorphous silicone carbide)
| 4 gold markers each end
|ø 7 - 10 mm; L: 30 - 80 mm
|5.2 F, hydrophobic coating
|70 and 120 cm