BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring®
What if you could save time and improve patient outcomes?
Easy for Patients
Efficient for Clinicians
Actionable for Better Outcomes
More Than 60% Reduction of All-Cause Mortality for HF Patients
Improve clinical outcome and patient status
With BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring physicians are alerted about worsening patient status early on, giving them time to intervene proactively. The result is a clinically proven >60% reduction in all-cause mortality for patients with ICD and CRT-D devices.³
81% Reduction of Non-Actionable Clinic Visits
Save time on standard patient care
BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring automatically transmits and verifies data and will alert you of gaps, so you can react quickly.5 Benefit from smoother workflows, more personalized decisions, and more time for the patients who need you most.
Key Product Features
BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring®-Save Time. Improve Outcomes.
Taking care of cardiac device patients can be challenging. The BIOTRONIK remote monitoring system, is designed to make this task easier and save time for everyone involved.
The BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® system offers:”
- Automatic daily data transmission, including ECG recordings, for well-informed decision-making and improved patient outcomes²
- Scheduled follow-up data transmission including ECG recordings
- QuickCheck enables data transmission on demand for instant patient evaluation
BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring is designed to save you time. Automatic pairing and reliable data transmission can significantly reduce time spent managing technological hurdles and ensuring patient compliance.
Automatic alert notification after 3 days* of no transmission ensures patient compliance to remote monitoring. (*user selectable)
Patient compliance with remote monitoring is particularly important for atrial fibrillation (AF) patients at risk for stroke – and heart failure patients who require continuous, long-term cardiac monitoring.
- Workload reduction for medical staff
- Traffic light system for alert prioritization
- Settings can be fully customized and personalized remotely with ease
- Changes are effective immediately
- Templates of typical alert settings can be stored and reused
The IN-TIME approach Home Monitoring settings as recommended by the ESC Guidelines can be programmed in one single step
The programming does not need to be done in a face-to-face visit. All alert settings for cardiac monitoring can be set remotely, which reduces the workload for the staff significantly.
QuickView and Heart Failure Monitor compile all relevant data in a simple display – allowing you to see trends in data and make decisions based on the complete picture.
QuickView allows a fast insight into the status of patients with a pacemaker, ICD, CRT or ICM device.
Automatic daily wireless data transmission makes remote monitoring highly efficient for both patients with a BIOTRONIK heart device and the physicians who care for them.
- Quick and easy Plug-and-go setup and less patient interaction:
- For clinicians: automatic pairing at implantation
- For patients: automatic pairing at home without their interaction
- 98% transmission success due to high patient compliance6
Today's busiest clinics demand a faster, easier way to handle, store and process interrogated patient and device data. BIOTRONIK DataSync® exports data from BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® and BIOTRONIK Renamic programmers directly into a hospital's patient management system. DataSysnc provides secure storage of patient data and paperless follow-up management.
Central storage makes the latest information of the alert-based cardiac care easily accessible by authorized health care professionals.
BIOTRONIK Patient App
Bringing symptom and rhythm recording together in one platform
- Easy-to-use Symptom Diary to record symptoms by the patient.
- Automatic upload of recorded symptoms in Home Monitoring Service Center (HMSC) for evaluation
Designed to Mitigate Clinic Call Burden
- Feedback by the app to your patients about data transmission success, battery and device status answers common questions patients may have.
- Guided troubleshooting empowers patients to solve simple transmission issues.
- With the Patient App, clinics can ask patients to call back- avoiding multiple contact attempts by phone.
Main Functions at a Glance
The Patient App is designed for patients who have a BIOTRONIK cardiac device and are using BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring.
1. Symptom Diary to record and transmit symptom data to HMSC.
2. Digital Patient ID with device and hospital information.
3. Message function for a hospital contact request.
4. Home Monitoring data transmission feedback.
5. Daily status of device and battery.
6. Heart rhythm information measured by the device.
7. Education and help functions.
Start the video to learn more about the functionality of the BIOTRONIK Patient App.
Symptom Data Added to HMSC
Having symptom data in your HMSC, you can evaluate these symptoms in relation to the recorded events. This may result in making earlier fact-based therapy decisions.
Compatible Cardiac Devices
The following devices are compatible with the BIOTRONIK Patient App:
- Edora, Eluna, Enitra, Enticos, Epyra, Etrinsa, Evity
- Acticor, Rivacor
- Ilivia, Ilivia Neo, Inlexa, Intica, Intica Neo, Inventra, Iperia, Itrevia
- BIOMONITOR III, BIOMONITOR IIIm
Patients who have BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring can take full advantage of the functionality of the app.
You Are In Control
In the HMSC, you can manage several functions of the Patient App for optimal use.
- You can send out a callback notification to your patient.
- You can manage the access each individual patient has to the Home Monitoring functions of the Patient App.
- You can also review whether your patient is registered for the Patient App, as well as the last Patient App transmission.
Certain functions of the Patient App are only accessible when the implanted device communicates with the BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring. Therefore, we highly recommend to have the access of the Patient App to Home Monitoring activated.
The performance of BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring and its impact on patient outcome has been proven by numerous leading clinical trials.
Dr. Ishu Rao discusses how BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® reduces mortality through a proactive treatment approach.
Dr. Richard Borge talks about how physicians can monitor patients 24/7 with BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® and adjust care plans accordingly.
Remote monitoring’s convenience promotes patient satisfaction and improves cost efficiency for hospitals. In this video, Dr. Michael Mazzini discusses how.
Dr. Gallagher explains how when partnered with ICMs, Home Monitoring is central in expediting diagnosis, particularly in stroke risk patients.
BIOTRONIK DataSync Integrated Data. Integrated Care.
BIOTRONIK DataSync simplifies the way patient information is stored and accessed at your hospital, saving time for you and your staff.
Automation: Less Data Entry Work for Staff
Data can automatically flow from BIOTRONIK devices to your data management system without any manual data entry required.
Centralization: Easy Access to Patient Data
The built-in connectivity of BIOTRONIK patient devices and programmers enables data to flow automatically to the Home Monitoring Service Center (HMSC). Once in the cloud, all data is then sent to your system and accessible in one place.
Integration: Compatible with Existing IT Setups
BIOTRONIK DataSync is compatible with existing IT setups and complies with international standards.
Data Flow with BIOTRONIK DataSync
All patient data flows automatically from the implanted device to the hospital data system. The data is transmitted via the CardioMessenger Smart for remote patients and via ReportShare during in-office visits. The EHR DataSync Adapter connects the data from the Home Monitoring Service Center to the hospital data system.
BIOTRONIK data sources observe IEEE/HL7 IDCO, as well as the latest cybersecurity standards. In this way, BIOTRONIK DataSync is compatible with existing standards at your hospital.
The first step is to make an appointment with your BIOTRONIK representative or fill in the contact form on this website. The BIOTRONIK specialist will explain BIOTRONIK DataSync in detail to you or your IT specialist. Together, an implementation plan is created, and when everyone agrees, the implementation can get underway.
1 Ricci RP et al. Long-term patient acceptance of and satisfaction with implanted device remote monitoring. Europace. 2010;12(5):674–9
2 Mariani JA et al. Miniaturized implantable cardiac monitor with a long sensing vector (BIOMONITOR III): Insertion procedure assessment, sensing performance, and home monitoring transmission successJournal of Electrocardiology 60 (2020) 118–125
3 Hindricks G et al. Implant-based multiparameter telemonitoring of patients with heart failure (IN-TIME): a randomized controlled trial. The Lancet. 2014; 384 (9943): 583–590.
4 Varma N et al. Efficacy and Safety of Automatic Remote Monitoring for Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Follow-Up: The Lumos-T Safely Reduces Routine Office Device Follow-Up (TRUST) Trial. Circulation, 2010;122: 325 – 332.
5 Varma N, et al. Alert-Based ICD Follow-Up. JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology. 2021;76(Suppl 1):1363. doi: 10.1016/j. jacep.2021.01.008.
6 Mabo P et al. A randomized trial of long-term remote monitoring of pacemaker recipients (the COMPAS trial). Eur Heart J.2012;33(9):1105–11.