For BIOTRONIK, the status quo is never enough: as a company founded by engineering principles, we are constantly developing new products that improve upon quality and long-term performance. Having ICD leads with the best long-term performance is part of that mission. To fulfill it, company engineers set out to develop an ICD lead design element capable of absorbing stress on the lead body caused with every heartbeat. In 2009, the first idea to use a helix-shaped design element that could increase long-term performance emerged. Thus, the idea of Plexa was born. Plexa is the first ICD lead to be marketed globally that features the Helix Design element in the intracardiac region.
Stress reduction on the lead body in the intracardiac region due to the new Helix Design of the wires
A floating atrial dipole allows complete atrial diagnostics in combination with a compatible BIOTRONIK device (DX model only)
Thin 7.8 F silicone lead body with silicone surface coating compatible with 8 F lead introducer
- BIOTRONIK ProMRI® allows patients to undergo MR scanning under specific conditions.
- DF4 based DX Technology reduces hardware even further.
- Protek shock-coil design for reduced tissue ingrowth and efficient energy delivery.
- Screw mechanism with maximum flexibility for atraumatic fixation.
- Bipolar sensing and pacing with 11 mm tip-to-ring distance.
- Fractal coating and steroid elution for low thresholds and optimal sensing.